Have you ever noticed that Autumn is the bold and daring one of the seasons family? Dramatic colors jumbo together and boldly say, "It's autumn". Throw caution to the wind and try a color combination that you've never tried before in your card making or scrapbooking. The results are sure to both surprise and delight you.
Notice the intense colors that are combined in this Autumn Harvest card. Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
Watercoloring with Markers & Blender Pens:
- Start with watercolor paper and Stazon ink. The watercolor paper is very forgiving when wet and when multiple layers of color are added. Stazon ink will not bleed when wet. Therefore, you'll avoid the muddy look.
- Begin adding a few lighter color a bit at a time and blending with your Blender Pens
- Let the colors intensify and keep on blending
- Don't be afraid to overlap your color
- Allow light spots to peep through and the shadows produce depth.
Questions & Comments: What colors did you dare to combine recently? Do you have a question about a technique? Ask it here in the comments of this post.
Have a fabulous weekend,
Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Because I Care
Card Stock: Watercolor Paper 105019, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Medium Crumb Cake Envelopes 107297
Ink: Jet Black Stazon
Markers: Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip
Tools & Accessories: Blender Pens, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch