Quilters may say that today's card resembles Redwork which originated in the 19th century. Redwork is derived from the red cotton thread that was used to create a charming style of embroidery. It popularity was due to it's simplicity and because Redwork quilts were economical to make. Redwork has recently enjoyed a comeback among quilters who seek to recreate antique quilts.
Whether or not you think that my card resembles Redwork, maybe I just have an active imagination, you have to admit that the simple Riding Hood Red & Very Vanilla squares have a certain charm.
Robin's Paper Craft Tips
- The Scalloped Square punch makes it so to create the simple squared layout.
- The Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder was the perfect backdrop for my teacups and Louisa May Alcott's quote.
- You knew I just couldn't resist adding a bit of Riding Hood Red Pleated ribbon. It matches perfectly today.
- Click Here for a One Minute Wow Simple Flower Accents Video Tutorial
- Tea Shoppe Stamp Set
- Very Vanilla & Riding Hood Red Card Stock
- Everyday Enchantment Designer Paper (Free with Sale-a-bration)
- Riding Hood Red Ink
- Scallop Square Punch
- Boho Blossom Punch
- Bird Builder Punch (branch)
- Basic Pearls
- Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder
- Big Shot Die-cutting machine
- Piercing tool & Mat Pack
- Riding Hood Red Pleated Ribbon
Mark your Calendars. Tomorrow Sale-a-Bration begins.
There's something for everyone. Free Products Start with Sale-a-bration. If you have not received your Sale-a-bration catalog, email me firstname.lastname@example.org to request your copy. U. S. Only
Have a fabulous day,