Chalkboard Art with Digital Downloads is a quaint decorative touch. And the good news is that you don't have to have fabulous handwriting. Trust me, my handwriting is nothing to write home about.
Combine Chalkboard Art with this easy DIY Christmas Advent Calendar for a pretty holiday display.
Chalkboard Art Using Digital Step by Step
- First, choose some Digital Art. Keeping with my Christmas theme, I chose the Oh Holy Night Digital Stamp Brush Set released this week by Stampin' Up!
- Next, Print your Digital image the size that you want your art to be.
- Then, color the back of your printed art with chalk. Just rub and scribble. Easy.
- Here's the part where even the sloppiest of hand writers look fabulous. Place your paper chalk side down on chalkboard, then trace your images with a pencil. Lefties, you are in luck because it doesn't matter where you start or which direction you go. Just trace.
- When you are finished tracing remove printed paper.
- If your chalkboard art is to faint for your taste, sharpen a piece of chalk and fill in the light areas. TaDa!
Click the link above to try your hand at Chalkboard Art now.
DIY Christmas Advent Calendar
This Do It Yourself Advent Calendar couldn't be easier. It's made up of indiviual Mini Muslin Bags. They can all be decorated the same or you can shake things up and make each unique.
The other consistent theme running through all by Advent bags is the framed numbers. I stamped each number and frame using the Morning Post Numbers Stamp Set. The Morning Post Numbers set coordinates perfectly with the Deco Labels Framelits making the numbers a cinch to cut out.
You can stamp on the Mini Muslin Bags or leave them plain and decorate with tags & punches. For the bag above I stamped Gold Encore Ink using a sponge daubler. The number 5 bag has a band of interest stamped with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.
Woot! Fun Flower Dies, Merry Minis Punch Pack and Hearts framelits (Valentine's Day is next up)-now that's a fun assortment! Make flower for headbands, cards & packages, add cute Mini Christmas Punches to your holiday projects and just in time for Valentine's Day-Hearts Framelits- Stampin' Up! Weekly Deals Available Here
Thanks for choosing me as your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!