Giraffe Punch Art with a Surprise Fold Out Neck
Most of the time I am content making quick and simple cards, but every now and then I get carried away. This was one of those days. It all started with a birthday card for my grandson, Brennan, who turns 3 this week. When you're 3 BIG is always better. This oversized card folds to 4" x 7". I thought that he might be impressed with a tall, tall giraffe. Out came the punches.
I started with a 4" by 12" Card Base and scored at 6" and 9". The tag was made with the angled tag topper punch, the Eclectic Paper-Piercing Pack, the Just Sayin' Stamp set and Color Me Autumn Washi Tape.
I bought the 25 Days Photopolymer stamp set to make Advent Boxes, but the 3 tree stamp was perfect for today's Milestone Birthday Card.
Giraffe Punch Art
- Giraffe Head-Duo Ticket Punch, Small Oval Punch
- Giraffe 'horns' are not actually called horns but ossicones. I used a snippet from the Bird Builder punch and circles from the Owl Builder Punch to make the ossicones.
- Ears were snipped off the branch from the Bird Builder Punch.
- His tuft is from the Word Bubble Framelits. I know it's not a punch, but I couldn't resist making a bubbly tuft.
- Nose/Owl Builder Punch & Mouth/Bird Builder Punch
- Neck-Modern Label Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Owl Builder Punch (I love the little hearts sprinkled in with his spots.)
- Body-2-1/2" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Owl Builder Punch
- Tail-Bird Builder Punch
- Legs-Modern Label Punch
Scroll to bottom of post for addition supplies used in today's Birthday Card.
An oversized card calls for an oversized envelope. Solution: Envelope Punch Board and Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper
Did you find today's tutorial helpful? I love hearing from you. Let me know your thoughts in the comments of this post.
Have a fabulous day,
STAMPIN' UP! PROJECT SUPPLIES- Click on images below for more details or to conveniently shop Online.